The American Massage Therapy Association(AMTA) presents this information: The Massage Therapy Profession
- In 2005, massage therapy was projected to be a $6 to $11 billion a year industry.
- AMTA estimates that in 2010, massage therapy was a $12-17 billion industry. Because of the economic situation in the country and some discounting among massage therapists to cope with the economy, in 2011, AMTA estimates massage therapy was a $10 to $11 billion industry.
- It is estimated that there are 280,000 to 320,000 massage therapists and massage school students in the United States.
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor in 2010, employment for massage therapists is expected to increase 19 percent from 2008 to 2018, faster than average for all occupations. However, this is one percentage point lower than their forecast in 2006.
- Between July 2010nd July 2011 roughly 38 million adult Americans (18 percent) had a massage at least once.
There is projected growth in the field, and we know first hand; our Career Services Department has received over 30 inquiries in April alone by employers seeking to hire our graduates in the Atlanta area. If Massage Therapy is interesting to you, or if you wold like to learn more about it feel free to attend our OPENHOUSE Thursday May 10th at 6:30 For more information call 770-368-2661 or visit www.ashamassage.com